JRA2 Workshop: Thinking Architecturally
Venue: Computer Lab, Cambridge University, Room FW11 (first floor)
- 09.00 - 09.30: Welcome and introduction
- 09.30 - 09.45: Purpose of the meeting
- 09.45 - 10.15: First teaser presentation (David Clark)
- 10.15 - 10.45: Individual viewpoints
- 11.00 - 11.15: Coffee break
- 11.15 - 12.30:
- 12.30 - 13.30: Lunch break
- 13.30 - 15.45: Break-out groups
- generally, the structure of the break-out groups is defined in rather floating way, much depending on the viewpoints and teasers during the morning sessions.
- Suggestions for possible formats
- format 1: Discuss the recurring concepts from the teaser/viewpoint presentation in what people present with respect to 'architecture', 'design', and 'design process'. Discuss how common are they really, how the commonalities could really be shown. The end result could be a use case (or example) that spans several areas by utilising concepts from different areas.
- format 2: Based on the teaser/viewpoint presentations, discuss the concepts that aren't obviously similar with the goal of teasing out what they are, why they are applied, exemplifying their usage (within the area and possibly outside, too) etc?
- format 3: Take a common starting point e.g. an example of some sort, which each breakout group (made up of different disciplines) could 'work' with. Each could bring their different perspectives to the subject and how the different concepts could apply. Hence, this group would be use case driven.
- format 4: break up in smaller groups to discuss concepts people would like to discuss (stimulated by the morning presentation)
- 15.45 - 16.15: Coffee break
- 16.15 - 17.00: reporting from break-out groups (FW26)
- 19.00: Dinner at Christs College
- 09.00 - 10.30: Group discussion: Following from Break-out group
- 10.30 - 10.45: Coffee break
- 10.30 - 12.30: Group discussion: Where do we go from here?
- possible continuation?
- common whitepaper?
- 12.30 - 13.30: Lunch